Who Are Roedan Embedded Systems?
Roedan are a UK based company, providing full lifecycle embedded software and hardware development services to multinational clients. Formed in 2010 as a partnership between two software consultants who together have over 25 years of experience in developing embedded systems from initial conception through to manufacture and release to customer.
We specialise in creating bespoke, production grade embedded software systems for clients in Telecoms, Power system and Telematics markets. We have extensive knowledge and experience in developing software and can bring this knowledge to help to kick-start and bring to fruition your projects.
We have extensive industry connections which allows us to provide not only software expertise but also hardware and mechanical design from UK based companies with a proven track record in designing robust hardware solutions. Why not take a look at some of our past projects over on the case studies page.
- 1994 – Andrew Hurd graduated from Plymouth University with a BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering degree
- 1999 – A Hurd Software Engineering incorporated to provide consultancy services for the development of 3G base stations
- 2001 – Acuba Consultancy Limited incorporated to develop telecommuncation concepts
- 2002 – Christopher Cope graducated from Staffordshire University with a First Class BEng (Hons) Computer Systems degree
- 2004 – Inspire Software incorporated to provide consultancy services for the development of GPRS, Edge and 3G Handsets
- 2004 – Acuba working with Inspire Software succesfully develops telematics devices for a client
- 2005 – Both Acuba and Inspire Software developed GSM, GPRS, Edge and 3G devices
- 2010 – Acuba and Inspire Software join forces to form Roedan Embedded Systems
- 2010 – Roedan Embedded Systems designs and develops the firmware for a modular smart lithuim ion battery system
- 2012 – Roedan become the sole software consultancy for a number of R&D projects for a major multinational power systems provider
- 2013 – Roedan move into new premises on the Staffordshire Technology Park
- 2013 – Roedan successfully deliver a number of embedded system projects ranging from dynamic software frameworks to embedded control systems
- 2013 – Roedan moves into larger premises in the summer of 2013 to provide space for the increasing workforce
- 2014 – Roedan become the sole software consultancy for the UK arm of a multinational geo-survey equipment developer and manufacturer
- 2015 – Due to an expanding business and product range Roedan moves into larger premises in the spring of 2015
- 2016 – In partnership with Intento Solutions and Pic n Mix World we started to develop a unique vending machine for loose confectionary products
- 2017 – Delivery of the first Pic n Mix machines to customers in the UK, Portugal and UAE