Our team of engineers have full lifecycle experience, so they are able to understand the importance of each of the project stages and how they interact.
This also enables us to be effective if we are tasked to just perform a part of the project.
Developing embedded systems requires a multi-disciplined approach, this would include:
- Design hardware
- Create embedded software,
- Create software and hardware test harnesses
- Develop server software or PC applications.
We utilise software skills ranging from very efficient assembly language up to high level scripting and programming languages such as php, C#.
You may be interested in how we go about all this?
If you would like to know more about our lifecycle process, please get in touch to see how we could work together.
Limited resources with a fast approaching deadline?
Roedan can offer support and extra resources for most types of software project. Our team has expertise in all modern languages, operating systems and hardware architectures. We have domain knowledge in Telecommunications, Automotive, Industrial Control and Power markets. We have experience with most embedded processors and their tool chains. In our experience we can get our software developers integrated with your team and producing quality code very quickly.
The Roedan team can quickly integrate with your existing software team following existing processes or if you require can provide the whole software team for your project advising on best practices for software development.
All source code and documentation is held on our secure version control system, or we can integrate with your systems as required.
At the conception of a project there is usually a set of valid technical solutions, we have for many clients, been able to suggest more elegant and efficient solutions. We can do this because we have a wide ranging view of the available technologies and current techniques within the wider embedded system marketplace. We can also produce feasibility studies and prototypes to help elaborate the technical options and de-risk your project as much as possible. Even if you then utilise your in-house development team for the actual implementation, we are happy to provide a different viewpoint of your project.
Here at Roedan we have extensive knowledge and experience in what it takes to develop Embedded Software and Embedded Hardware and can use this knowledge to help you to bring your Embedded Systems to market quickly.
Roedan can help with your development from project inception through to production, and any stage in between. This can include:
- Stakeholder, User and System Requirements Capture
- Rapid Prototyping
- System Design
- Software, Hardware and Mechanical Design
- Unit, Module and System Testing
- Design for Manufacture
Roedan has a varied skill set between its team and has worked on a diverse variety of embedded systems, technologies, platforms and domains.
- Skills and techniques required to extract requirements from Stakeholders and Users, and then being able to visualise a system as a whole and synthesise an applicable design.
- In depth knowledge of both low-level and high-level programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java and PHP.
- Working to industry standards such as MISRA C1 & C2, MISRA C++:2008 and JSF C++ Coding Standards.
- Having extensive knowledge and experience of developing software for major commercial embedded operating systems such as Linux-RT, VxWorks, Nucleus and QNX, along with open source projects such as FreeRTOS, Zephyr, Yocto, ChibiOS and OpenRTOS amongst others.
- Bare-metal application development
- Porting operating systems and developing BSPs for various hardware and software architectures.
- Providing solutions based on a wide number of differing processor architectures from small 8-bit micros such as PIC or Atmel, through to multicore 32bit and 64bit processors from ST, Nordic Semiconductor, NXP, TI and Silicon Labs.
- Having hands on experience of major processors currently in use in the embedded world such as Arm, X86, PowerPC and various DSP cores.
- Schematic Capture and PCB layout using industry standard tools such as Altium.
- Mechanical design for prototyping and mass production.